POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : YouTube : Re: YouTube Server Time
7 Sep 2024 03:23:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: YouTube
From: Invisible
Date: 31 Oct 2008 06:17:55
Message: <490adb53@news.povray.org>
Gail wrote:

>> I guess I just assumed that if something doesn't come with any
>> instructions, it's supposed to be "obvious" enough that you don't need
>> them.
>
> No. You assume that it should be obvious.
> Most other people I know (myself included) would go looking for some
> assistance (whether it be asking someone or searching online)

Well, the encoder _did_ work. It just produced very bad quality
pictures. I assumed it was just a naff codec, and continued my
explorations elsewhere. (At the time I'd never heard of it before, so I
figured that was because it's not very good.)

I do recall spending 4 days trying to get a codec called "cinepak" to
work well - and when I mentioned it online, somebody said "OMG, do you
have *any idea* how ancient that thing is? Get rid of it!" I guess I
assumed that DivX must be similar, so I didn't spent too many hours
trying to fix it.